Monday, March 31, 2014

Sister K. Seal's Day

Well this week flew by like crazy! Hope Holly and Michael both had an amazing birthday! And happy 1 year birthday to my amazing Best Friend, McKenna. 

Well, we have been working a lot with the members- well,seeing as how we stopped teaching all our previous investigators that is about our only option. This week, we had an activity to get as many people as we could to come to the women´s session of General Conference. We had a spa day, and as missionaries we were able to serve the sisters of our ward. I really enjoyed getting to talk to them and get to hear stories from them as we served them by painting nails, fixing hair, and make-up. McKenna would be proud to know that I taught everyone how to do the messy bun that she always does on her hair. Funny story, 4 of the girls did that with their hair the following day for church. Yes, it’s very funny. Well, sad part of the story, none of our new investigators went, and only 6 sisters including the 4 young women came. It was a little sad. But conference was good. How was it going for the first time Skylar?? Wow can't believe you’re old enough to go to these kinds of things now!! 

Also everyone keeps asking for what a day in the life of Sister K. Seal is like so here goes:)

6:30 Wake up, throw on workout clothes and start working out. It usually is only running in the back basketball court we have-- We have a basketball court because our house used to be the old church building. 
8:00 Personal study
9:00 Companionship study
10:00 Language study-- it gets harder to learn new material the longer I am here which makes me feel like I actually am learning some things
11:00 We do street contacting during this hour now because we don't have very many investigators. Ya, that is rough.  We just stand in the center and just talk to everyone we talk to.
12:00 Lunch
1-9:00 We go to all the appointments we made the previous day.  Our area is pretty big and we end up walking a lot because a lot of the appointments we have are from street contacts and it doesn't always work out that they are close by. But it’s the best part, getting to know the people.

Well, I love you all. I got lots of letters this week. My zone leader doesn't understand, but I do. I have amazing family and friends!! Thanks for all the love and support! 
I hope you are all as excited as I am for General Conference! Also, I hope you all have an amazing week. To answer dad's question I get to watch in English-- what a blessing!! 

Well, Much Love,
Sister K. Seal

Photo 1: Old photo, but I thought it was ironic. No I am not going crazy I use an umbrella so I don't get cancer. Very cautios!!


No comments:

Post a Comment