Monday, March 24, 2014

How Old Am I?

There are a lot of ways to see how long a missionary has been out. 
1. Months-traditional way
2. Transfers-when a missionary is in the dumps and 18 months just seems impossible.
3. Language-you can see how much English a missionary has forgotten. 
4. Companions-this one is a little harder because there is not a set number of companions that a missionary will have. 
5. Umbrellas-That's right I heard this way to measure this week and laughed pretty good. 

So this week I am:
5 months, 3 1/2 transfers, well hopefully mom is editing out all the grammer mistakes so you don't notice, 2 companions, or 2 umbrellas old. 

So you can probably tell from the last comment that we've gotten some rain this week. It was beautiful and rained for like 3 days straight. Definitely, a blessing. But with that good news I also have some bad news. We had a district meeting this week where we were asked to cut all our investigators that are not progressing. So that means all of them. Literally, we are having to start over. Our District Leader told us that our job here is find the people that God has already prepared for us, and that one day these people will be ready too for other missionaries. It was sad, though. 

Well, the rabbit food is gone with. I am feeling much better. Don't worry, Mom!! 

So, as we don't have any good investigator stories this week I thought I would share a funny joke that I heard:

A missionary gets called to Brazil-he is super excited. 

1 month in goes to a members house and finds a piece of hair in the food pulls it out, and barely manages to fork down the rest of the plate.

4 months in goes to another members house finds a hair in the food pulls the hair out eats the rest of the food. 

9 months in goes to another members home yet again finds a hair pulls it out, but goes back optimistically for seconds. 

14 months finds the hair in the food and doesn't even bother removing it. 

20 months goes to the members house looks on the plate and can't find the hair looks to the member and says, "Sister Smith, something is missing..." Pulls out a hair from his head and puts in the food. 

Haha:)

Well, I love you all. My camera is fixed, but I forgot to charge the battery and the computer I am using is not star quality for charging. So next week I promise to upload photos. Promise!! 

The church is true. I love being a missionary. Have a great week! 
Sister K. Seal


No comments:

Post a Comment