Monday, March 17, 2014

Week Full of Stuff to Do

WARNING: This letter is not going to be very long. 

This week was full of stuff to do, unfortunately, I don't have any good stories to accompany all the work I did. Maybe that is a good sign? I don't quite know. 

Well, baptismwise--Okay, so we talked with Êmily.  She is still wanting more time to decide, and that is hard as a missionary, because honestly you can only do so much. Ultimately we all have this thing called agency. 

Also, this week, I consulted with my mission president's wife, I haven't been feeling really well for about a month now. So to help me she recommended I cut out certain foods. So here is my diet plan: I can eat carrots, kove(sorry this is portuguese and I don't know the english word), beets, cucumbers, corn, rice, salad--without anything on it, tea, and water. Yup that is it I am living like a rabbit for the next week. Haha, it’s kind of funny. Here’s hoping that this is going to help!

Also, last week my camera downloaded a virus and wouldn't open the photos. I went to a photography place and luckily they were able to recover the photos, but I don't have the memory card yet, so that means no photos this week. 

I love you all so much. Thanks for the love and support! Special shoutout to all those that are continuing to write me! Love the letters. 

Well, if I can I would just like to leave you with a thought I found this week:

“Sadly, much of modern Christianity does not acknowledge that God makes any real demands on those who believe in Him, seeing Him rather as a butler ‘who meets their needs when summoned’ or a therapist whose role is to help people ‘feel good about themselves’.  It is a religious outlook that ‘makes no pretense at changing lives’. ‘By contrast,’ as one author declares, ‘the God portrayed in both the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures asks, not just for commitment, but for our very lives.  The God of the Bible traffics in life and death, not niceness, and calls for sacrificial love, not benign whatever-ism.”—D. Todd Christofferson.

I love this, often we just want the “nice God” the one that is going to console us.  The problem is, He is one and the same.  The God who loves us chooses to give us trials to make us better.  We should honestly take His willingness to criticize and build us up as a compliment that he finds us worth the time to perfect.

Love you all,
Have a great week,

Sister K. Seal

No comments:

Post a Comment