Monday, May 5, 2014

Panambi

Good Morning Family and Friends!

How is everyone?? I am so excited to see and talk with everyone on Mother’s Day! I am also really, really excited to see my best friend McKenna!!

Anyways, this week has been really slow. We had a family night with a recent convert that recently moved into our branch. That is a real blessing (guess how many members we had Sunday at church.... 12-- that is including 4 Sister Missionaries and 2 of our investigators). Anyway his name is João and he is really funny. He is about 50 years old. He is starting to memorize the articles of faith, and I decided that it would be a good idea for me to memorize them with him seeing as how I only know them in English. But it was really fun. His brother is investigating the church and he came too. His name is Diocir. We are actually helping him stop smoking. They are very funny together- it only slightly makes me miss my own sister.

Well I received an email from a Miss Kimmy that reprimanded me for not talking a lot about my area so I will try to give you all a quick synopsis. 

The area is called Panambi- it is about 5-6 hours away from São Borja, and I traveled by bus to get here. It is beautiful here with all the hills. Everything is so green. The members here are really nice, but there are very few. But we have lots of investigators to work with! There are a lot more German descendants here which I really like because I feel like I fit in better! Our house is really nice-- we don't have study desks, but I actually count that as a blessing, because it gives me an excuse to study cuddled up in my bed.

My companion is Sister Taynã she is from Recife. Which is really close to where McKenna is. She has a crazy cool accent-- kinda hoping McKenna returns home with this accent. She has 11 months on the mission, and she is super nice. 

Well I hope that cleared up any questions anyone has about my new area. Today we are traveling to Cruz Alta for a Zone Conference we have tomorrow so I promise to take photos for everyone! Also hopefully mom's package is there. Well, I love you all. Thanks for the letters everyone! 

Sister K. Seal


P.S. sorry no photos this week, the computer I am working with is slightly dysfunctional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment