Monday, May 19, 2014

Change

Morning Everyone-

Well this week has been a crazy one- Well okay they all kind of are in the mission field. It just seems like time keeps flying by. 

Well, I have my new companion. She is from Curitiba. She is very sweet and already teaches super well, it doesn't even feel like I am training. That is always a nice thing. 
Other than that 2 other sisters moved into our house. Sister Alves and Sister Reis. They are both Brazilian. So yup, I am living with only Brazilians. Yes, that scares me a little, haha but I guess that means my Portuguese is about to get a lot better, and my English a lot worse, so just prepare yourselves for some poor grammar folks. 

Thanks to mom, I got my package and loved it. I promise to write some good letters now that I have some fancy pens. 

Well, like I said this week flew by right now we are trying to build a teaching group, which means we are doing a lot of street contacting. So there is not much to tell, but I am excited to get to do a lot of work here. 

One thought I was thinking about today is the idea of change. I was reading about the atonement this week and came across this idea that has really stuck with me.  I “know I cannot change my situation, but I can change how I respond—I have to humble myself and depend on Him for help."  Here in the mission there are so many things I can't change. I can't change who will accept me into their house, how fast I improve my language.  But the thing that I can change is how I view my opportunity to serve. I can respond by not becoming frustrated with what isn't going right, but instead looking for the things I can improve and looking for the things that I have to the opportunity to change. 

Well I love you all. Thanks for all the letters and package this week too mom. I am so grateful for them. The secretary of the mission said that I am the missionary who receives the most letters, that made me laugh and then I realized how great you all are!! SO, THANK YOU!!

Until Next Week,

Much Love, 
Sister K. Seal

Subway in Santa Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment