Monday, May 12, 2014

Transfers!

Bom dia!

Good Morning Family and Friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day! It was so good to talk with my family- Special thanks for Kim for driving clear down from Idaho. It was so good to talk with you. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!!

Well this week is week of Transfers! And well it finally happened. I am going to start training. I am scared as all get out. So I am going to solicit the prayers of all of you. I am going to need extra help this transfer. I don't know much about my new companion, but I do know she will be Brazilian. I am excited, but very nervous to meet her. I get to meet her tomorrow and then we will return back to Panambi. I am very excited to stay here in Panambi. It is a very big city and there is lots of work to do. 

We are right now teaching 2 people that will be baptized this month. One is Diocir. He is awesome and going strong in his goal to stop smoking by the end of this month. When we first met him 3 weeks ago he was smoking around 40 cigarettes a day and now is down to 11! 

The other lady we are teaching is Melini. I honestly love her. The Sisters before us helped her get legally married. And she is about 23 years old and is amazing. She makes us lunch once a week and she is preparing to be baptized as well. 

Well this week is going to be another busy one, but I am very excited because I am going to Santa Maria so that means I am going to get all your wonderful letters. Big shout out to the faithful writers and big apology also for the lack of letters. No need for a call to repentance. I already repented and am going to write a bunch of letters today! 

Well I love you all and just wanted to leave you with a quick message from one of the Greats...
Neal Maxwell 

Just as "doubt, despair, and desensitization go together, so do faith, hope, charity, and patience.  The  latter qualities must carefully  and constantly nurtured,  however,  whereas  doubt  and  despair,  like  dandelions,  need  little encouragement  in  order  to  sprout  and  spread.  Alas, despair comes so naturally to the natural man!" 

I love this thought. Satan is clever, and truly following him will always be easier. And at times even more enticing, but when we hold fast to our faith, our hope, and our charity we can know and WILL know that there are better days and better ways! 

I love my Savior and the opportunity and privilege I have to represent Him and in His work. I love the Gospel and the perfect plan our Father in Heaven has for each one of us. I know God lives. I know Jesus is the Christ and He too lives. And because of this we too WILL live.

Love you all. As Kim would say: Be good! 

Thanks for the continued letters and support. 

Sister K. Seal


No comments:

Post a Comment