Monday, February 24, 2014

Monkeys!

Well this week has flown by so fast, but it has been a really great one:)

First off, last week we were walking in the center praza and we saw monkeys- You were right Kim.

But more importantly we had a really great week with our investigators:

Diane and Lidiane: We had a really cool lesson on their potential because both of them are not completing the things they need to be baptized, so we talked about their potential as daughters of God. -- Cool side note for OMA remember how you used to always make salt dough for us to play with when we were little, ya I made some of that to use in an object lesson we did- So I guess thanks for the idea.

Susana: So we went to the bank last Tuesday and as we were leaving a lady stopped us and asked if we shared the same message as the Elders did. We told her yes and then she proceeded to ask if she could give us her address and if we could visit her. So again we said yes. She told us she lived at the end of Dos Andradas, next to a blue house, close to a house number 1590. So we went there Thursday. We found the house number, but it wasn't her house. I began to wonder if I took some of the information down wrong, so I asked my companion if we could just keep looking for blue houses for a little bit. Well, a little bit turned into close to an hour, but we finally reached the end of the street and literally right as we were going to give up we saw a beautiful, blue house numbered 1590 and well, we found Susana. It was such a miracle. Sad part of the story is that we found she doesn't live in our area, she lives in the area of the Elders. So we got to teach her only one time, but I know she is going to be baptized. But well, I guess it all works out.

Êmily: So we talked with her a lot about the doubts she has had and how she can clear up these doubts. We had a really spiritual lesson with her and well, we marked a baptismal date with her for March 8. YAY, first baptism here in Brazil.

This next Monday we have transfers again. I know crazy. I feel like we just had transfers. Time is flying here.

Also, I need to solicit all the prayers I can get this week. So this week marks the holiday Carnival. For those of you who have never heard of it, it’s like Mardi-Gras except 100X crazier. So we've heard that it’s a fun tradition of many people here to throw buckets of water on people that pass by on the street, sometimes people here like to get creative and throw other substances, too. So just pray, pray for the people that I don't punch them and that I can be patient with them all, okay? Haha really, but some prayers in behalf of the missionaries in Brazil would not hurt.

Well I love you all,
Have a great week!

Sister K. Seal

Photos:
1. We got to do a service project and help paint some desks and sidewalk for a school in our area. It was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment