Monday, February 3, 2014

Baratas demais!

BOM DIA!! 

This week has been I think the word I am going to use is... interesting.

So investigator wise it was really good. Diane and Lidiane are progressing. They are still working with their marriage liscence- it’s quite the process here in Brazil. But great news of the week is we committed Lidiane to stop smoking last week and as of yesterday she hasn't smoked in over 5 days!! GREAT, RIGHT?? They say the first three days are the hardest, so here is hoping that she can continue strong. One of Emily's friends this week died in a car accident and she hasn't been home a lot, so we are kind of just keeping her in our prayers and are hoping to see her this week. So here is hoping. 

Also, so I have never had a harder fast Sunday in my entire life. It was 45 degrees celcius which is about 117 degrees, and we walked a lot and as a rule of the mission we are not allowed to drink water. It was hard to teach because our mouths were so dry. But, well, I am writing to you all now so I survived, but it was vale a pena. Because here we fast after lunch on Saturday until lunch on Sunday. And guess what we had for lunch on Sunday? We had salmon. It was so, so, so good, but will probably the only salmon I am going to see until I return to Carrabba's because it is really expensive. 

Also, so funny story of the week: I got my medical card- which is funny that we even get one because they don't work at any doctor's office here in the south of Brazil- but guess what? It didn't have my information on it. It has McKenna's name and information on it. So for those of you who know my passport story I hope that this gives you a good laugh also. I am starting to doubt that I was supposed to come to this mission. LOL. 

Also, so gross story of the week: So when we moved into our house after the Elders it was infested with cockroaches. Like every morning we woke up there were at least 6 in the kitchen. SO GROSS! So President Parrela bought a remédio (sorry can't think of the English word) to put in the house to kill them. So we did it this week and when we did all the baratas came out of every furniture item we have. And lots of them crawled up on the ceiling and started falling. So it was literally raining cockroaches in our kitchen. Then they would fall to the ground and we would have to stomp on them. It was like playing that arcade game like whack-a-mole. Only more gross and hard because I swear cockroaches have more lives than cats. But all is well now, we are cockroach free. Hope you all enjoy the photo. 

Well I love you all. I can’t believe we are already in February. Sorry for all the typing errors, hopefully mom is cleaning this up and making it readable.  I am already forgetting English which is bad because my Portuguese isn't good enough yet. So before long I am going to be speechless. But love you all. Have a great week. Thanks for all the letters everyone!

Much Love,
Sister K. Seal


Photo 1: Our friends:) What's worse is this was only after 1 hour. In total we probably killed like 75. GROSS!


Photo 2: "my" medical card. LOL! 



Photo 3: Sister Claret and me and our District Leader. 



No comments:

Post a Comment