Monday, January 13, 2014

Love Y'All

Oi! This week flew by so fast. I can't believe it's already Monday again! BAH!

Anyways this week was crazy busy partially because we planned a noite familiar with families from our branch every day this week. Family nights are awesome! We get to bring our investigators and they get to know the families and we get to know both the families in our branch and our investigators. Win-win situation.
So this week we received a reference from the Elders in the neighboring city. We went to set up an appointment with M. and when we were talking to her. We were talking to her- just really getting to know her. And the most amazing thing happened, okay slightly exaggerating but guess what! She speaks some English. Great! Well I actually just thought it was funny. And she doesn't speak perfectly, but it was a little miracle I think God gave to me. She is great very interested in the church, and we are going to continue teaching her. 

So this week there has been a lot of rain- its such a blessing. All the members and other people who see us out in the streets working feel bad that its raining, but what they probably don't know is how many prayers I ask for rain. So actually its so much better when it rains. 

Funny story of the week: Remember my friend that broke into our house and was drunk? Ya you'll never guess what happened this week. We were waiting outside the church waiting for a member who was going to come teach with us, and while we were waiting we say our friend. He was walking towards us. So we called the other Sisters that we are living with and told them to grab a camera. So they were in our house- right next to the church. So we walked to our house stood in front of the gate, and when our friend walked past us they took a picture of me and him. Yes he was drunk. But it makes for a good story, so I will send you all the photo next week because I am still waiting to receive the photo from the other Sister.
Spiritual thought of the week: I was listening to a talk in church yesterday and this idea crossed my mind. The speaker was relating living the gospel to The Karate Kid movies. There is a part where the kid is asked to repeat the same simple motion- that appeared to have nothing to do with Karate- over and over again. I couldn't help but think back to the SMA (standard Mormon answers) like reading our scriptures, praying, and going to church. How many times are the miracles we experience because of our obedience to the simple things. My testimony truly is of this. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.
I wish you all an amazing week. And to my lovely Sister Miss McKenna Seal- I am so excited to hear about your transfers. Thanks for all the letters. They are amazing and are truly such a source of strength for me. So thank you for your support and encouragement.
Much Love
Sister K. Seal

Miracle of the week: So we were searching for a house in a road that was full of mud (because it was raining a lot). Miracle was I didn't slilp. For those of you who know me will truly understand that that is no small thing.


Photo 1: The muddy street that we were on.

Photo 2: So somedays are just hard. So I found a mango on the side of the street and started embracing the Brazilian in me. FUTEBOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment