Sunday, January 5, 2014

Funny Story

Funny story to make you all laugh. Okay so here goes. About a week and a half ago we had just gotten back to our apartment and were making preparations to go to bed. I was sitting on the coach writing iin my journal when all of the sudden I heard a man's voice.

For those of you who are not too familiar with a mission experience, men are not allowed in Sister's homes. So it was a little nerve wracking. But I was really tired and didn't want to move so I continued writing in my journal. Finally when I heard one of the Sister's scream I looked up and to my surprise I saw a half naked man, with leaves coming out of his ears- like the GGreeks did to give you an idea- anyway I honestly can say i have never been more scared in my entire life. I jumped up and didn't know what to do. So you wanna' know what I did? I said Hi in Portuguese. Like what? How silly/dumb! Anyways he was drunk, really really drunk. And he kept saying he needed to use the bathroom. The others sisters kept telling him to leave, and he just wouldn't leave. Eventually we got him back to the front door. And so as we were pushing him out the door he totally pulled down his pants right in front of us. Like what? I was so freaked out. Ahh. Anyways now we have a lock for our gate, and well I guess we will see what our Mission President has to say in 3 weeks with transfers. But that was definitely an experience to remember from my first area.
Well other than that this week has been really slow. We are working hard with a lot of Less-active members. Everyone here is awesome. Also EVERYONE here stares. I feel like I stick out like a sore-thumb. It's so embarrassing. I just don't know what to do about it. Maybe i need to get some colored contacts or something. I don't know maybe I can start using it as an advantage? 

Well I love you all! I wish you all the best 2014! 
Much Love from HOT HOT Brazil,
Sister K. Seal

Photos:
1. We had our first rain shower here. It RAINED SO HARD! It was amazing because the day before that it was 46 degrees C. So it was a much needed relief. I decided that here in Brazil you will always be wet. The only difference is if you are dripping we


t because of sweat or because of rain. I prefer the latter. 
2. We did a service project on Christmas, which meant that I got to wear a t-shirt. Oh I miss wearing T-shirts. It was awesome. Also my hair goes crazy here in Brazil. It will never be straight in the summer. I gave up on that idea day 1. 
3. We were walking by and I saw this. I asked my companion what this was. Its a cemetary. So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment