Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Time Flies

Time flies here in the MTC. It feels like just yesterday that I was writing home- it's so hard to keep days straight here. This week has been Otimo (yup still haven't figured out how to put in accents an such so sorry again to any of you who actually speak Portuguese). So on Tuesday of last week we had Elder L. Tom Perry come and speak with us. Que LEGAL! He gave an awesome lesson on companions and why they're so important. I really like my companion, the longer we spend together the crazier we get. I remember before I let that there was no such thing as a late hour. But now by 9:00 I act as crazy as I did at 3:00 AM. The mission is starting to mess with me-- I may turn into a normal human being and be able to go to sleep at a normal hour. Sorry Mom- no more daughter to encourage your bad sleep habits. Maybe I can help you too? :) Jk.
I love the MTC though, there is so much to do. And studying gets super hard when that is all you do for most of the day. But it helps that I am very humbled about my Portuguese and am hoping to keep getting better. It is a real compliment though to hear from my teachers and my district members that I am doing really well. Yesterday I ran into an Elder that is from the area I am going to serve in and he said that I sound like a Brazillian. Que LEGAL! That doesn't mean that I don't need to keep hitting the books though. 
So in the MTC people who are non-members are payed to come walk around and be investigators for the missionaries. So my companion Sister Arthur and I ran into a lady who just decided to come look into the church because there are so many LDS people in the area. So we started talking with her, and WOW I couldn't help but feel how much God loves her. Eu sei que Deus nos ama mais que podemos saber. Ele quer ajudar-nos sempre. It was such a neat experience- I think I liked it more because I could teach in English. Definitely made it 20X easier. That is my goal to make it just as easy to teach in Portuguese. 
So everyone ready for an embarrassing story. Ya this is a real and true story that happened... Oh just like 20 minutes ago. So I was doing my laundry and I squatted down to pick up a sock that fell on the floor. Then guess what happened? Oh yup you guessed it my pants ripped, right over the knee- But then the rip kept growing and went mid-way up my thigh. It was so embarrassing so I looked around and thank goodness no one saw so I quickly grabbed my towel and ran to the bathroom. It was really funny, and my companion and I had a good laugh and I hope y'all have a good laugh at my expense too. 

Okay I am almost done, just hang in there:) Just want to leave you with 2 quick thoughts from Sunday night devotional from our speaker Sister Mary Edmonds:
1. If you want to be Happy, then BE Happy! Happiness is a choice, and we all deserve to be happy. So chose to be happy and realize how blessed we all are. God loves each one of us so much and truly wants us to be happy. We have a Savior that died for our sins. What else could we even ask for? We are so blessed, so I encourage everyone especially during these approaching Holidays to be happy. Find reasons why you are happy. 
2. She told a story about one of her (sister Edmonds) investigators praying for the first time- He was mid-prayer and paused the prayer to ask, "If I am slow will God wait for me?" I thought about how many times God must have looked at me and my life and thought how slow I am. I know God answers. Elder Holland in a general conference address said something along the lines of this, "God has only ever worked with imperfect people." He knows none of us are perfect, but he waits patiently for us to accept his counsel and guidance. Eu sei que Ele e nosso Pai Celestial. Ele nos ama muito. Ele quer que nos estamos felices sempre. 

I love this church. I am so glad to be a missionary. I love you all so much. I love getting letters and hearing how you're all doing. I wish you all have amazing weeks. You are the best support system a missionary could ask for:)

Much Love, 
Sister K. Seal
SS2
 

 


Photo 1: Temple:)
Photo 2: You can tell we are running out of ideas for pictures, sorry they are all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment