Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 2

So the saying goes here in the MTC, "The days feel like weeks, but the weeks feel like days." E verdade! Its the truth, I kind of feel like I am loosing my mind in a sense- I have the hardest time remembering the day/date. Lucky for me though my companion, Sister Arthur, is very good at keeping it all straight- Yay for her! Speaking of Sister Arthur, she is amazing. I am so excited I can have a companion that i get along so well with as my first companion. It took us a minute to get used to having to constantly go everywhere with each other and having to get to know each other's little quirks. But honestly we work so well together and have become great friends. We only have one real problem, we both are just a little bit crazy and have lots of energy. So we have to make sure to keep each other in line and focused when necessary. But obviously God knew that I needed someone who was just as crazy with as me so that i could have an outlet for all this energy that I have. Also that is another hard thing for those of you that knew me well before my mission bedtime was definitely not until 3 AM. So now that i actually go to bed on time I have all this energy and since I am class all day I don't have an outlet, so I have to reign in the crazy a lot.
Portuguese is coming along- i almost feel silly worrying so much and not having faith that God would bless me and help me with the language. I am by no means fluent, but i am working hard and I know that without God's help I would not be able to speak nearly as much as I can.
MTC days are crazy long, but crazy otimo tam ben.
5:30- wake up make our beds and get ready
6;30- breakfast (which is otimo because they always have pineapple and not only do they have pineapple for breakfast, but they have pineapple every meal. It is the best. i love it, and thats pretty much my favorite thing to eat so ya...)
7:00- language class
10:00- Personal study
11:00- lunch (yay more pineapple- the salads are super good too except when they try to make cafe rio salads)
12:30 study with companion and work on lessons for investigators
3:00 gym- (also otimo because that is the only time of the day when you can just release all the energy you have. Its so fun)
4:00- Dinner (ya this is kind of really hard because it is so early and we can't go to bed until 10:30)
5:00- computer program to learn portuguese
6:30- Class until 8 then we teach our investigator for the last hour.
9:30 go back to dorms and get ready for bed.
So this is probably why the days feel so long. But there is so much to do and so much to learn to become a good missionary. Also speaking of learning cool things tonight we get to hear from apostle L. Tom Perry at devotional.
I know that this church is true. I love the gospel with everything in my being. That is why I chose to serve a mission because i know how much happiness the gospel brings me. The idea that I can be cleansed of all my imperfections- because I know i have many- the idea that i can live with my family forever. I love my savior Jesus Christ, for his willingness to atone for my sins that through him we may each be clean and live in the presence of our loving Heavenly Father. I know God Loves You. I know God loves me. He has a plan for each one of us- a plan that can make us better than we could ever do all by ourselves. I know our lives each have a purpose. Essas coisas digou em nome de nosso Savador, Jesus Cristo. Amen.
Muito amor,
Sister K. Seal
-Congrats Sister M. Seal on another baptism. Sounds like you are just loving your area.
- Hope Papa and Grandma are having a blast in Cancun. Wish I could be enjoying that warmer weather with you.
-Mom, Dad Michael conner have fun in Boston.
As for everyone else it has been so good receiving your letters, I love hearing how everyone is doing. I hope that you have an amazing week. I love you all.
Pic one: sister's in my district on our temple walk
pic 2: #studyhard #thechurchistruefolks #somuchtolearn #constantlypraying
Pic 3: Plan on wearing out these shoes real quickly in Brazil.
Pic 4: The classic missionary picture, i am kind of sad that I don't have anyone in my zone going to my mission. But still my companion is awesome.
Pic 5: Yup. These girls are great and I love them. I am excited to be a part of this district.





No comments:

Post a Comment