Tuesday, December 3, 2013

VISA HERE - Brazil on Monday!

So for those of you who didn't already hear, I received my Visa earlier this week. So I head out in less than a week... Like on Monday. Que Legal! I am nervous but so excited! 
Thanksgiving was AMAZING! I remember coming into the MTC hearing that holidays were going to be absolutely amazing, but wow they really are. We got to hear from Elder Nelson and then we also got to participate in a service project. We made soup packets for starving children. It was just all in all a great day. I am not going to lie and say I didn't miss Costco pumpkin pie and dad's stuffing and smoked turkey. But to my pleasant surprise the meal was pretty good. And best surprise of them all was the fact that they still had pineapple. Something to be grateful for right there. 
So Portuguese. Wow not claiming to be perfect by any means. But we ran into some Elders that are from Brazil yesterday and I am shocked at my understanding. God truly blesses the missionaries with O dom de Linguas. I am so nervous to go to Brazil because then I really have to start relying on my Portuguese, but at the same time I know that it will help me to grow. 
They just put up all the lights for Christmas and they're absolutely beautiful, not Temple Square level, but they're still a nice view. Pictures to come in the next letter with the beautiful snow. 
So walking into the  first day of the MTC they said that time flies like crazy. The days are long but the weeks are so short. Don't get offended when I say this mom, but it feels like I have only been here a couple days. But I only have 5 more days until I leave for Brazil. Its so crazy, but so exciting to be a missionary. You learn so much!!
So my letter this week is pretty lame sorry about that. But I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving. I am sure you did. Also I will be sending my mission email for any of you who want to send me a letter. Any day you get letters as a missionary is a great day. Just saying. :) I love you all! Remember God loves you! 
Sister K. Seal
Pic 1: This photo makes me so grateful that its summer in Brazil, and that I got my Visa ontime. Its beautiful, but I am ready for some warmer weather. 
Pic 2: My companion and I when we found out it was snowing. It looks so pretty, definitely too cold for comfort though. 
Pic 3: Not an amazing photo, but enough to see the beautiful lights and crazy Elder Hirst of our district. 
Pic 4: So before I left on my mission my grandparents and I went to the Timpanogas temple where we met a super sweet woman. She found out I was going on a mission and told me that she liked to make socks for missionaries. And asked if she could make me some. Of course i said yes. #mywholedistrictisjealous Anyways I think they're pretty great. 
Again love you all. I am wishing you the very best of weeks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment