Monday, December 9, 2013

Last Days in Provo

Okay so y'all are going to be sick of me by the time I even get to Brazil. Actually hopefully not, but since I am going to miss my P-day next week my Branch President is going to let us email today.

So out of the 10 members in my district 2 of us received our visas. Ready for the kicker? Both of us are from Utah. I guess that shows promising signs for the L.A. consulate. I am so excited. As for the rest of our district this is where everyone is going:
Sister Arthur: Roseville, CA
Sister Byrne: Roseville, CA
Sister Beazer: Dallas, TX
Sister Hollister: St. George, UT
Sister Allred: St. George, UT
Elder Hist: Philadelphia, PA
Elder Clayton: BRAZIL
Elder Chipman: Tuscon, AZ
Elder Harolds, Tuscon, AZ

So I count myself pretty lucky to have received my visa looking at how many people haven't. Kind of sad, but I am the only one in my district going to Santa Maria, Brazil. But I am still very excited to go meet those that are currently serving in the area. 

The other thing I wanted to share with everyone are just a couple things I learned in the MTC. 
1. Don't laugh while drinking water- yes there's an embarrassing story with this. 
2. God knows where He wants you and when He wants you there: I came in to the MTC with no hope of going straight to Brazil, and it taught me that God truly has a plan for me.
3. I learned that I am perfectly content eating pineapple everyday for the rest of my life: I think there are a few of you doubting this statement. But by week two of cafeteria food I didn't know if I could make it much longer. 
4. Being with a companion is hard: I just want to go sit by myself sometimes, and its so hard to have someone with you 24/7. -- Don't worry I am still being obedient.
5. Finally and most importantly:The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real: I have a request for anyone reading this- If you have even just two minutes look up a video. Its on Youtube and is called The Atonement (and it has to do with missionary work). Changed my way of thinking.

Its not an easy task. Being a missionary is hard. My teacher told us something that really got me: As a missionary I am doing stuff that is not natural. I am waking up at 6:30, even harder going to bed at 10:30. I am eating cafeteria food. I am studying all day every day. Why am I doing it? Why would I say goodbye to everyone I love so much, everything I love to do? Why do I do something so unnatural? This church is true. I know it with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. God is our loving Heavenly Father. He loves us more than we could ever know. He cares about us individually. The message that I choose to share as a missionary is a message of love, a message of hope. Hope that through Jesus Christ we can feel the love of God in our lives. I know these things with all my heart and hope to be able to bless people's lives through my knowledge. Em nome de Jesus Cristo. Amen. 

Thanks to everyone! I hope that everyone is loving this beautiful snow outside! Somebody go through some snowballs at Jeff at Carrabba's mmkay? I heard its really good if you go on the roof? :) 
Enjoy this beautiful weather. 
Also if you would like my address in Brazil here it is:
Sister Kaitlynn Seal
Rua Alberto Pascualine,
121 Sala 403 Centro 97015-
970 Santa Maria- RS Brazil

I miss you all, be safe and be good:) 

McKenna I am pretty sure with the success you've been having there is no way God is going to transfer you. 
Grandma- Wishing you the best! I am praying for you! 

Love y'all
Sister K. Seal

No comments:

Post a Comment