Monday, July 21, 2014

Surprise Birthday Party Planner

GOOD MORNING FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!

How is everyone doing? Well, this week has been a really good one. Lots of hard work, but we have accomplished a lot!! 

So I have decided what my future career is...Surprise Birthday Party Planner. Haha, don't worry mom.  I am just kidding. But I found out that I am actually getting better at this whole hiding secrets thing. I don’t know if that is something I should be proud of. Haha. But really I threw 2 surprise parties for 2 of the sisters that I am living with. We had lots of fun. We had a barbeque and best part of the whole thing here in Brazil is they have a custom of throwing eggs on the person who is having the birthday, but I felt too bad to throw yucky eggs. So, instead I threw flour all over Sister Alves (I know Kim, you always say to be good to my companion...don't worry, I just live with Sister Alves.  She isn't my companion :)) 

Well, one lesson I learned this week is that we have many investigators that don't read the Book of Mormon, and without a doubt this is one way Satan prevents them from learning the truth.  But also this week, we had an investigator that read the Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants within 1 week’s time. The problem is, he went through it looking to prove it wrong, and with such haste that he truly couldn't have learned the truth. Satan also works like this.

Think about this. Even Jesus Christ had to learn line upon line and precept upon precept. It’s like it talks about in Alma 37 when we are told that this is how God works. We have to accept that we are going to learn here a little and there a little. Satan tempts us and tells us that we want it all and want it all NOW. But if our Savior and Master, even Jesus Christ had to learn step by step, then who are we to desire it all now. 

I know this church is true. I love my Savior. He truly came and suffered for us all, and all that he asks in return is that we follow him (2 Nephi 31) and keep his commandments (John 14:15)

Thanks for all the love and support. It really keeps me going. I hope everyone has an amazing week:)

Love you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LOGAN THIS WEEK!!


Sister K. Seal





No comments:

Post a Comment