Monday, July 28, 2014

So much rain!

Good morning Family!!

Wow this week has been a really good one. 

So first off... Well I have never ever ever seen so much rain in my entire life! Like really I almost drowned... Okay fine but it was a lot of rain. Kim said that she controls the weather and that I am not doing well enough at writing enough in these blogs and that is why I am having such bad weather. I am going to repent right now!!

Well this week at church was really great. First off we got a Ward Mission Leader!! Even though we have so few members we finally got a Ward Mission Leader. He is the husband of Meline (our recent convert). He was inactive for like 7 years. But he returned to the church and is SUPER STRONG!! He has a really strong testimony and even better he has some really great ideas for this branch. 

Well last week our Stake President came (he lives about 1 hour away) but it was really good because he gave a stellar talk that helped motivate the members that were there. He also stayed after to talk with us missionaries about our work here in Panambi. He told us that we need to focus our efforts on the inactive members. So we are going to try and really reactivate these members. 

We have been visiting these inactives this week. It is so sad to see how many people have left the church because there isn't a chapel here. How many people have lost hope that one day this church will be stronger here. I have been thinking a lot about how in 2 Nephi it talks about how God never said that this church would be huge, that everyone would eventually join the church. In fact God said that this church will be few in numbers. BUT we need to remember that that doesn't mean that it isn't the true church. THIS IS THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST. The same church He organized when he was here. And size or popularity of any other church is not going to change that. 

Another cool thing this week I ate tacos 2 TIMES this week It is almost like I am right back at home. When I came to Brasil I thought the food would be similar to Mexican food. But really it is nothing like Mexican food. They don't even have taco seasoning here. But there is a member here who bought some taco seasoning to do a family night with us. It was SO GOOD. So if anyone is wondering what to send Sister K. Seal for her upcoming birthday... FIRST LETTERS. SECOND PHOTOS. THIRD TACO SEASONING... FOURTH PEANUT BUTTER. Haha :) 

Well Thanks so much for all the letters. I love you all so much. I am so lucky to have the best group of friends and family :)

Our next transfer date is August 12. But I am secretly praying to stay here in Panambi. So I guess we will see what happens. 

Love you all, 
Have a great week. 
Sister K. Seal


How did I do Kim... Did I earn 70 degree weather with some wind??

No comments:

Post a Comment