Monday, June 30, 2014

Festa Junina

Good Morning Friends and Family!!

So this week has flown by and I don't have a whole lot to relate about this week. Well okay I will try to come up with a couple of interesting things:

Well, we had our Festa Junina! It was a blast. I sent some pictures I hope you like. We dressed up- yes don't worry I didn't actually lose my front tooth Kimmy! We made some great food and it was fun. Only down side it has been raining this whole week. No joke I haven't seen the sun since last Sunday. Sad story, I know. But anyways, so because of the rain we didn't have all of our investigators we invited come. But hey, we still threw a pretty awesome party all things considered. 

Also, this week we had transfer calls. Good news. I am staying here in Panambi. Really I already told President I want to stay here for the rest of my mission. He hasn't responded yet, so I will let you know how that goes. JK. 

Well Brazil is still in it to win it in this world cup. I know I know I am American, but I think I am starting to turn into a real Gaucha-- Like southern Brazilian. Well I hear Michael has been watching the games I just want to make sure he knows that the team that is going to take it home is BRAZIL!! 

Well, folks, that is about it for this week, Thanks for all the continued letters!! My zone leaders are going to pick up all the mail from the office in Santa Maria this week and I am excited to get some good updates from everyone. Thanks Papa, Kim, and Grandma for all the cards I have gotten here in Panambi!!

Well, I love you all, 

Quick Spiritual thought:

Today I was studying in D+C 101 and I read the parable of the vineyard. I love the idea that really God knows best how to protect us from Satan's grasp. He loves us and gave us the tools to keep us protected, but how many times do we lull ourselves into false security and say to ourselves we don't need to study more because we already have a strong testimony. This truly is one of Satan's tactics. Every day we need to grow our knowledge learn more and build our testimony so that when Satan attacks (Helaman 5:12) That we can be strong enough to fight him off.

I love you all. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love this work. I love my Savior. 

I hope you all have amazing weeks! Eat some good barbeque for me on the 4th of July. 

Sister K. Seal


No comments:

Post a Comment