Monday, June 23, 2014

You're Officially Invited...

June 23

Morning Everyone:)

What a week. Okay actually we didn't do a whole lot this week, it has been pretty slow, but I do have a few highlights:

Well first off. We had 23 people at church yesterday!!! That is double what it was when I first got here in Panambi! I can really see the Lord helping us out here in His work.

Also we are working a lot with a recent-convert/less active of the last sisters that were here. It is so sad to see how people choose to be baptized because of the missionaries instead of testimonies. It happens WAY TOO OFTEN! Anyways his name is Fabio. He is really great. This week he gave us 2 references to contact. And one of his friends (one of the references) was at church yesterday. So we are really excited to help both strengthen the testimony of Fabio by helping him help his friend. (I hope this is all making sense, living with only Brazilian sisters is killing my English).

Also this week I learned a valuable lesson and figured I could pass this lesson along: You can't cook an egg with the shell in the microwave. So here in Panambi we don't have very many members, so we cook our own food at home for lunch. So one day this week my companion was boiling her egg on the stove top, when our gas went out. So she, trying to be clever, put the egg in a dish with water in the microwave. She sat down and all the sudden there was a loud noise coming from the microwave she went to look in the microwave but as soon as she got right in front the container exploded. No worries my companion is now fine, we all gave a good laugh and made a new house rule, but it did give us a little shock.

So mom said Kimmy keeps asking for a daily agenda here in Brazil: It really is just the same thing every day. We wake up at 6:30, write in our journals, eat breakfast, then study, study, study. Then we go to lunch. I already have recipes that I plan to bring home and make for everyone!! Then we have appointments from 1:30 until 8:30 meeting with the families we are teaching. Sometimes we have Family nights like the cookie Picture from last week. Then we come home, plan for the next day, and go to bed. I wish there was some exciting thing to share, but well, it’s the same thing every day.

Well, I did want to send you all an invitation to our Festa Junina. You are all invited it is going to be Saturday here in Panambi!! Jk:)

I love you all. Thanks for the letters and support. It means the world to me.

Well, this next week is transfers. I have no doubt that I am staying here. Which is good, because I love it here!
Well until Next week,
Much Love,
Sister K. Seal

“Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple‍ things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
“And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.” (Alma 37:6–7.)




No comments:

Post a Comment